Professional peels contain high levels of active chemical ingredients that penetrate from the upper most layer to the deeper layers of the skin. Most commonly used on the face, professional peels can also rejuvenate the skin on the neck, back of the hands and the décolleté and can include a range of ingredients, such as Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), Beta hydroxy acid (BHA), Vitamin A, Jessner, Mandelic acid and a combination of depigmentation ingredients.
Professional peels can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles and pigmentation caused by sun damage, ageing and hereditary factors
- Improve the appearance of mild scarring
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles and dark patches due to pregnancy or from taking birth control pills (melasma)
- Improve the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and colour
At Estética, all our professional peels are performed by specialised aesthetic nurses with the highest qualifications in dermal therapy and knowledge of skin behaviour.